A view of what is believed to be a burial site for stillborn children, who were born at the old Kilrush District hospital maternity unit. The site, in a wooded area, is located on the Cooraclare road across from the site of what was previously the Kilrush Poor Law Union Workhouse. In the late twenties it was then utilised as a Mother And Babies home, which it is believed was closed in the early 1930's. Photograph by John Kelly.
- John Kelly/The Clare Champion
- Image Size
- 3200x2129 / 2.2MB
- Contained in galleries